Sister Act is Central Hall Musical Society's biggest show this academic year. We have been privileged with the task of putting on the society's largest scale show of the year in the Joseph Rowntree Theatre this February.
Sister Act is a fun, uplifting musical with an insanely talented cast. However, as this is a completely student run show, with student actors, band and production team, it is up to us to fund this incredible production. We are already extremely lucky to have been granted some of our funds from YuFund (support from some generous alumni) and from our own fundraising, but we still need your help.
We are aiming to raise £1,000 to cover the sound equipment hire, costume hire and contribute to other technical and production costs.
so who are we?
We are a student led society full of musical theatre and theatre fans. We love to entertain and explore different ways to bring musicals, old and new, to life in York. The Sister Act Team is full of enthusiastic and compassionate individuals. Sister Act has been the creative teams favourite musical for so long and they are so excited to have the opportunity to put it on with the society and see their ideas come to life of the Joseph Rowntree Stage.
Back in February last year Olivia (Producer), Becca (Director) and Josh (Musical Director) got together and expressed their interests to each other about pitching for the next big February show that the society puts on. After the success of the incredible Anything Goes, they wanted to try their hand a bringing a musical that they love to life.
After months of planning and pitching their show to the society, the team was finally successful in winning their pitch. They are now a team of 17 production members, 26 cast members and 17 band members. All of whom are students. The fact this is a completely student run production highlights just how unique all of the creative work and talent that has come out of this project is. The cast have been in rehearsals for 3 months and we are so excited to see what the next 2 months bring.
Where will the money go?
We have already been lucky with fundraising and been able to start funding buying costumes, and elements of set. However we still have a long way to go. Your money will help us to:
- Fund the rest of costumes we need to buy - there's £516.73 left to buy the remaining costumes
- Fund additional tech hire. The full bill for this is £1,618.56 so we after we've bought the costumes anything left will really help to reduce this!
We are offering some incredible awards to everyone who donates, depending on the amount donated the rewards will vary from a social media shout out, to a mention in the programme, to our massive reward of a free ticket!
Images and video
Look at what our cast have been up to in rehearsals!
Why note check out our website and meet our cast and team?
Buy tickets now for the show on the 15th-17th of February
Find us here
- We want as many people to see and feel a part of this project. Any donations, however small or large will be insanely helpful. We also want to reach as many people with our YuStart page as possible. The more people we reach the more recognition our project we will received. You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, by talking to someone or your dog walk or in a vlog!
- Please share with everyone you know, this is a project we feel so passionately about and the more people who know about it, the more we are likely to succeed.
- Don't just donate or share, why not get yourself along to the Joseph Rowntree Theatre website and buy you tickets!
- You don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.