We're raising money to go towards the cost of going to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival! This will allow us to showcase the student writing from the University of York's Drama Society as the two shows we are taking are written, directed and performed by students!OUR STORY
- DramaSoc is 50 years old and has a proud alumni. We are one of the most active drama societies in the country and we put on just under 50 productions a year. We host weekly Open Drama Nights where new writing is showcased, and the shows we are taking to the Edinburgh Fringe are products of these nights.
- We're performing with The Space Venues at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival .
- One of our plays, Bad Dog , written by Ashley Milne, is a psychological horror, which explores sisterhood and love in a climate of trauma.
- Our other show, One Giant Leap for June , written by Rachel Flannagan, is about June's ambition of being an astronaut, yet her reality is working in a chippy with others who just can't seem to find what they want in life.
- These plays are so amazing and we are so proud of them and we want to represent the University of York at the Edinburgh Fringe and get our name on the map!
WHERE WILL THE MONEY GO?
- Travel (van hire & petrol): £200 - This will transport our set and costumes to Edinburgh
- Production costs: £260 – This will allow us to purchase the set, costumes and props for our shows.
- Printing costs: £300 - This will get each show 10,000 Flyers and 250 A3 posters to hand out in Edinburgh.
- Advertising costs: £250 - This will allow us to film trailers, boost Facebook posts, and do advertising stunts in Spaceman suits on the Royal Mile to attract attention.
- Preview Costs: £ 100 - We are doing a preview at The Great Yorkshire Fringe in July. To ensure we will get an audience we'll need to print out specific posters. We will also be using some of the budget to print off quotes and star ratings that we receive from reviewers to put on our posters and flyers during the Fringe.
- We have some rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. These include free tickets, signed posters, and even an astronaut suit! Check them out!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, telling your friends and family, or even coming to Edinburgh to see our shows!
- And we know we just said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.