A short summary of our project
We're raising funds for Mentally Fit York - Here's some of their amazing achievements so far:
• Provided 24/7 online mental health and wellbeing support to over 2,000 University of York students throughout the coronavirus pandemic
• Enabled tens of mental health nursing students to complete their studies without worrying so much about their finances
• Supported groundbreaking research to inform student mental health decision making
• Put the finishing touches to an online resource in strengthening mental health and resilience that will be able to go out to secondary school students across the UK
• Funded suicide prevention training for residents of York
• Helped the DIAMONDS research study communicate its findings more clearly to those with severe mental illnesses, who were the focus of the study
Please donate to help us do more!
Who are We?
Trudi, Sue and Andrew (so far - you're very welcome to join us!), who'll be walking miles and miles and miles with the support of UoY NurSoc.
As students and tutors, we know how hard it is to apply to University and take that first step towards a future in Mental Health Nursing.
Think how much harder that experience would be if you were constantly worried about how you would support yourself for three, or maybe four years.
We want no one to rule themselves out, and no one to feel excluded by financial worries once they have joined UoY.
That means making scholarships available to Mental Health Nursing Students and it means Mentally Fit York needs your support.
Where will the money go
Everything we raise together on The Great York Walk Challenge, from friends, family and NurSoc members, will go to support the goals of Mentally Fit York.
Find us here
Look out for updates, photos and videos on our social media:
Help us succeed!
If you've got a walking route or challenge that you think we might be up for, and are willing to donate to see it done, please contact us via our social media using #UoYNurSoc #NurSocGYW or reach out via email firstname.lastname@example.org