We're raising money for costumes, props and set to wow audiences at the Edinburgh Fringe!
What is 'The seed of the holyman'?
'The Seed of the Holyman' is an immersive comedy that drags its audience and characters spiralling down a journey of plots, patronage, and pronunciation lessons, all under the guise of a famed seventeenth-century political satire.
It's an original, student-written production being staged by York Dramasoc. Going to the Fringe is an incredible opportunity for us to gain experience of fringe theatre and spread the reputation of our society and university to an international audience. But we need your help to make costumes, source props, and build our set so that the play looks the best it can!
Where will the money go?
As a Dramasoc production, the majority of our funding comes from the society -- they cover the biggest costs of staging a production, like venue hire and promotional materials. They also provide a small budget for costume, set, and props, but we're asking for your help to make sure our design elements are as incredible as they can be. And the first £50 of donations up to our £100 minimum will be matched by YuFund's Match Funding scheme!
The money you donate will go to three things:
- Costume: Our cast will be out on Edinburgh's Royal Mile in these costumes, trying to convince audiences to come and see the show. The competition for audience attention at the Fringe is huge, so we need costumes that stand-out in a crowd and make our cast of twenty-first century actors into seventeenth-century players, popes, and Queens!
- Set: Our set has to transform a 21st century stage into that of a 17th century playhouse, while being simple enough to take down and store away after every performance (we share a stage space with loads of other amazing companies!) Your donations will help us source and create the perfect set pieces.
- Props: The play includes some bizarre props which our props designer is making by hand - your donations will help source materials for these, making sure they are sturdy enough to withstand the journey to Edinburgh and our week-long run!
- All donations over £5 will receive a personal thank you message on our Instagram stories!
- All donations over £15 will receive a personal post-card from Edinburgh, signed by the cast!
Find us here
You can follow our progress before, during, and even after the festival on our social media!
SPREAD THE WORD!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would be interested in helping us or seeing the show – on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, by email, telephone, carrier pigeon, or any other way you can think of.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we're really proud of this production, and the more people who know about it, the better!