Who are MathSoc?
We are the University of York Mathematics Society. We aim to enhance the social experience of students, expand academic opportunities in Mathematics and forge strong relations for our members to use in future careers and beyond. For more information on us, please visit www.yums.org.uk
What are we fundraising for?
Tomorrows Mathematicians Today 2017!
MathSoc are raising funds to take Mathematics Students to the prestigious Tomorrow's Mathematicians Today Conference held at Manchester Metropolitan University Business School in February 2017.
Tomorrow's Mathematicians Today is an annual conference that allows for aspiring Mathematicians - from students to lecturers to researchers - to present their fields of interest and breakthroughs in study. But for those who don't wish to present a talk, there are many other benefits:
- Those going into research can learn from attending researchers. There are many Q&A opportunities to provide students with all the answers they need!
- Those moving into set careers can gain from networking opportunities and CV enhancement.
- For those students unsure of their future, the conference provides a vast insight into various careers within Mathematics.
More information about the conference can be found at:
Don't Miss Out!
The conference is a fantastic opportunity for Mathematics students to work towards a bright future! We've had so much interest already and it will mean so much to so many students if they can partake in this event! Missing out on this opportunity could mean missing out on a dream career, missing out on networking, missing out on such a fantastic experience! Please sponsor us to help ensure no-one has to miss out!
Spending the Funds!
- The money we raise will be spend primarily on transportation. With the minimum funds, we can take around 30 students. Therefore, the more we raise, the more students we can offer this once a year opportunity to!
- Remaining funds will be reinvested back into the academic side of the society. This will include future conferences and exhibitions as well as funding for External Speakers.
Help Us to Help Others!
Anything you can give to us is greatly appreciated! We can't go through with this without your help and support! If you're unable to sponsor us, please help us by sharing our project with friends, family and anyone else you feel would love to hear about this opportunity! Any help you can give will push us closer to our target and allow us to inspire more future Mathematicians!
More about Mathsoc!
In addition to our website: www.yums.org.uk, you can find us and all our updates on Facebook at University of York Mathematics Society 2016/17 and follow us on Twitter @UoYMathSoc