Have you sponsored this project? If so, log in to comment on updates!
Happy friday, quizzers!
We wanted you to be the first to know that the next Big York Pub Quiz date has been set - Sunday, 17th May @ 7pm BST!
sign up today!
We can't wait to welcome you back for another Big York Pub Quiz, and show you the difference that your support of the Emergency Student Support Fund is making.
Until 17th May - stay safe, stay healthy and stay quizzy!
The Big York Pub Quiz Team
We've had a couple of emails since Sunday asking about whether the quiz's full leaderboard will be available to view... and you're in luck!
Click here to see the full leaderboard
There were a few teams with duplicate names - hopefully you remember your score, but if you don't and you want to find out which 'quaranteam' you were, for example, just email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.
In the meantime happy quizzing, stay safe and stay tuned for more Big York Pub Quiz updates coming very soon...
With best wishes,
The Big York Pub Quiz Team
What a great evening!
Thank you to our fantastic quiz host, Alex Light and thank you to you, too, for watching, playing along and donating this evening.
Keep your eyes peeled for more Big York Pub Quizzes, and if you'd like to host your own virtual event or challenge to raise funds for the Emergency Student Support Fund, get in touch! You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, we'll see you soon - and keep safe!
The Big York Pub Quiz Team
And here’s a really quick round up of the questions for Round 5...
- What was the name of the spinoff show to Phoenix Nights which followed the shows two doormen?
- What is the capital of Angola?
- Which TV show aired its final episode, New York I Love You XOXO in 2012
- What is the name of the Jedi master played by Liam Neeson in the Star Wars film series?
- Jacinda Ardern is Prime Minister of which country?
- How many colours are there officially on the flag of Croatia?
- Name the only non-league team to make it to the FA Cup Quarter Finals?
- Before giving his name to a now bust travel company, what was the occupation of Thomas Cook?
- What connects a band from Philadelphia and President Richard Nixon?
- In 2014, who did Time magazine describe as 'the godfather of Indie film'?
And that’s your Big York Pub Quiz!
Make sure you’ve submitted your scores for this round HERE, grab a celebratory drink and come back to hear who’s won the first Big York Pub Quiz!
...and if you didn’t get full marks on this round, have you even studied/worked/lived in/visited York?! A round-up of this round’s questions are below:
- What was the Roman name for the city of York?
- How many members of parliament does the city of york have?
- By square meterage - what is the largest Museum site in York?
- What is the nearest MAJOR motorway to the city of York?
- Which famous york tower shares its name with a large red dog?
- What name is commonly given to the narrow passageways between streets for pedestrians?
- What is the nickname of York City F.C.?
- Ellie Goulding got married in York Minster last year, but which type of vehicle did she arrive at the ceremony in?
- In what year was the UNiversity of York founded?
- What is the telephone dialing code for the city of york?
You know what to do by now - fill in this form to register your scores!
Round 3 questions are below! If you’re enjoying tonight’s quiz, let us know! You can use #BigYorkPubQuiz or tag us on all social media platforms @UoYAlumni.
- Known as The Lady With the Lamp, who gives her name to the pop up hospitals around England, often built in exhibition centres?
- Rishi Sunak, Chancellor of the Exchequer, is currently paying everyone loads of money. But who was the youngest person to ever hold the keys to 11 Downing Street?
- ITV premiered a new drama 'Quiz' this week about when a couple were found guilty of cheating on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - what is the name commonly given to this event?
- Donald Trump, who is a bright orange idiot pretending to be a US President - announced the USA will no longer support the World Health Organisation (WHO). After the United States of America, who is the biggest funder of the WHO?
- According to GQ Magazine, who is the most powerful bald man in the world?
- Lots of people are redecorating their houses at the moment - but which room in his house did Banksy decide to give his special touch to this week?
- Sir Keir Starmer was recently elected the new leader of the labour party - but who was elected as Deputy Leader?
- The UK has just announced it will extend its lockdown period for three weeks. But when did the lockdown officially begin?
- Owain Wyn Evans, a BBC weatherman, went viral this week by playing which instrument alongside the BBC News theme?
- Who is in hot water with the regulator Ofcom around perpetuating myths about 5G causing coronavirus?
Confident you’ve got your scores for this round in order? Get your team captains to fill in this form!
We’re over half way through The Big York Pub Quiz. If you’re enjoying tonight’s stream, please consider making a donation in support of the Emergency Student Support Fund, and encourage your teammates to do so, too.
...and if you needed a repeat of any of those questions for Round 2, here they are!
- Who released the album Joy as an Act of Resistance in 2018? It won BBC Radio 6 Music’s album of the year
- What name is commonly given to a sea creature with leathery skin and an elongated body containing a single, branched gonad
- What is the name of the nerve that transmits signals related to smell to the brain?
- Where is the UKs national space centre?
- Whose real name is Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam?
- What is the title of the 1996 (which had a sequel in 2017) film starring Ewan McGreggor?
- There are three countries beginning with I that have orange, green and white as the principle colours of their flag. India and Ireland are two of them, name the third.
- Which game show, fronted by Victoria Coren Mitchell began life on BBC Four before moving to BBC 2 in 2014?
- Which noble gas is commonly used to make colourful lights when a high voltage current is applied through it contained in glass tubes.
- What word does the first letter of the answers to Questions 1-9 spell?
Do you know what the word is? Tot up your scores and to have your total shown on the leaderboard, make sure your team captain submits your answers here!
Here are your questions for Round 1!
- What is the only NFL team based in the state of Washington?
- Which England and Aston Villa footballer invented the musical instrument- The Dube?
- Which book’s French title is Ou Est Charlie?
- What is the largest inland stretch of water in Great Britain?
- What is the rapper Eminem’s real name?
- Who sang “You Know My Name”, the theme tune to the 2006 movie Casino Royale?
- China has collected 28 of 32 Gold medals in which Olympic sport, first introduced in 1988?
- Which game was invented by Fred Kroll and launched in 1978 - focusing around some carnivorous animals?
- What name is given to a tournament in which each competitor plays in turn against every other?
- In which 1999 film did Will Smith play Captain James West?
Make sure your team captain (the member who registered you all) submits your scores using this form. Please grab a drink, sit back and get yourselves ready for Round 2!
Just by the way a Hippo is a herbivore, not a carnivore.
We've currently got 40 teams all raring to go for Sunday's quiz!
Can you help us get to 50 teams?
Please share this event with your colleagues, classmates, friends and family (and enjoy texting them your scores on Sunday!)
We can't wait to play the #BigYorkPubQuiz with you this weekend!
This is what your support means to students currently benefiting from the Emergency Student Support Fund. Thank you so much for donating - let's see if we can raise enough money to support one more student by the end of Sunday's quiz. Please reach out to your friends, colleagues and classmates and encourage them to join us, too!
Brilliant idea and great fun. Please do another one! We will do much better next time......